lose weight with lemon water
|lose weight with lemon juice|
When I was at Hippocrates Health Institute this summer there was one drink that the staff would put out every morning at 8:30. Before I would even have my breakfast cereal or a cup of green juice, I would enjoy this cool and refreshing drink. It seems so simple, but drinking a few cups of this cocktail every morning can actually help to keep you healthy and melt away the pounds.
What Is This Magical Drink?
It’s actually none other than freshly squeezed lemon water !
Before you stop reading this post, because the idea of something so simple sounds too good to be true, here are:
9 Reasons Why Drinking Lemon Water In The Morning Can Be So Beneficial
- Boosts your immune system: Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure.
- Balance pH: Drink lemon water every day and you’ll reduce your body’s overall acidity. Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around. Yes, lemon has citric acid, but it does not create acidity in the body once metabolized.
- Helps with weight loss. Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster.
- Aids digestion: Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials. It encourages the liver to produce bile, which is an acid that is required for digestion. Efficient digestion reduces heartburn and constipation.
- Is a diuretic: Lemons increase the rate of urination in the body, which helps purify it. Toxins are, therefore, released at a faster rate, which helps keep your urinary tract healthy.
- Clears skin: The vitamin C component helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well. It can actually be applied directly to scars to help reduce their appearance.
- Freshens breath: Not only this, but it can help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis.
- Relieves respiratory problems: Warm lemon water helps get rid of chest infections and halt those pesky coughs. It’s thought to be helpful to people with asthma and allergies too.
- Keeps you zen. Vitamin C is one of the first things depleted when you subject your mind and body to stress. As mentioned previously, lemons are chock full of vitamin C.
Personally, I can say that I love drinking lemon water in the morning and I know that over the last couple of months it helped me to lose weight, have clearer skin and gain better digestion. Of course the choices you make for the rest of the day are important as well, but making yourself a glass of this juicy and mouthwatering drink will give you a great start!
Making Lemon Water
Nothing could be easier. All you need to do is squeeze a lemon into a glass of filtered water. To save time in the morning, you can even juice a few lemons one evening and keep in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for a few days.
To make sure those pesky seeds stay out, you can use a strainer, stretch wraps or a citrus juicer.
And if you prefer it a bit sweeter, just add 1-2 drops of stevia.